Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Homework from the Critique

Earlier this month you may remember I had a critique done on my Etsy.com shop by Marilyn 1545 my GoldenRoseCrafters Etsy team captain. One of the things I wanted (needed) was advice on taking better photos you know photos that say a thousand words, ones that shout Ooh's, Ah's, and I just gotta have it to my Simply Katie's shop visitors and turn them into purchasing customers. I've been doing some homework reading and looking at some other shop owners product photos and taking notes on what I think makes theirs better than mine, and I've got a list of things that I'll be implementing like using a light box and re-positioning my lighting so that I have eliminated the shadows I don't seem to be able to rid my shots of.

And using things (props) that add interest and but don't distract my potential customers eyes. And using different props to add a diversity of positions and views highlighting the details of each piece of hand crafted jewelry.  There's many things I need to look at and think about when I'm shooting my jewelry photos and clarity is one of the top items.
I clearly need some focus and clarity improvements so you can see exactly what it is I'm selling. Take this shot for example, it's out of focus, there's too much glare from overhead lighting on the glass, you can't see clearly what these Knotted Copper and Agate earrings really look like. This photo doesn't do the earrings, the bracelet above or I as a shop owner justice and in fact makes me look as if I don't care about you or what I present to you.

I would like you to know and believe that I do care and that you as Simply Katie's potential customers are the reason I am putting forth the effort to make these photo taking improvements. I want you to be able to clearly see what you are viewing, to feel as though you can reach out and touch, to examine each piece of jewelry I work hard to create for you. And I want you to be delighted with your Simply Katie's/SK Wire Jewelry purchase. So I'm off to do the homework given me by Marilyn 1545 and make major improvements in my jewelry presentations to you, be on the lookout for new clearer, brighter, detailed, hand crafted jewelry shots in Simply Katie's shop over the next few weeks. And please let me know what you think of the changes I make, I do them for you and I'd like to hear your feedback, so don't be afraid to let me know how I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment